Monday, September 13, 2021

Earthly and eternal blessing

READ: Isaiah 21,22; Psalms 73; 2 Corinthians 1

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

OBSERVATION: Until the psalmist started to see the wicked from God’s perspective, he was jealous of the prosperity of the wicked, and he could not see things clearly. Soon after the psalmist entered the sanctuary, he understood his thoughts were senseless and vague. Seeing the world from the Lord’s perspective helps us to understand everything. Although the psalmist  almost slipped, God did not abandon him. As Paul wrote to Timothy, “if we are faithless, he (God) remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself” (2 Tim.2:13). God’s counsel helps us overcome our mental struggles and will lead us to see our real blessings. The psalmist was able to see that there is no blessing or prosperity greater than our God. The psalmist must have understood the perishability of worldly blessings. It made him confess that God is desirable than anything, both in heaven and on earth. In Christ, we have blessings for the present and future hope. God is our strength and hope. Meanwhile, the wicked and unfaithful have no such expectations or future in Christ. God is our eternal hope and everlasting blessing. God is sufficient for us. We must keep our eyes on God instead of looking at others’ earthly blessings.

APPLICATION: Jesus assures me for my life on earth and offers hope for the future to live with God in heaven. As long as I see things from my perspective through my selfish lens, I will not see God.  I should focus on knowing Jesus Christ and be ready to lose anything for him (Phil.3:8).  For that to happen, I should first seek the Kingdom of God and his righteousness. Then, I will have everything I need.

PRAYER: Father God, my eyes are on you. Lord, you are my strength, blessing, and portion in life. Jesus, help me to humble myself and live for your glory. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 255

No comments: