Monday, September 27, 2021

More than a mother

 READ: Isaiah 49,50; Psalms 87; Galatians 2

SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 49: 15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

OBSERVATION: All people, even those who do not believe in God, would agree that a mother’s love is the best form of unselfish, caring, sacrificial, and unconditional human love. It is scarce to see a mother who does not love her child.  In Isaiah 49:15, God asks a rhetorical question to explain his love for his people. Even if your loving mother forgets you, God says, “I will not forget you!” At times, especially when we go through hard times, we may think that there is none to love us. Here, God promises that not only he loves us, but he will never forget us as well. In Jeremiah 31:20, God says, “Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him.”  We can be confident like the psalmist that “Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me” (Ps.27:10).

In general, people like to have a blueprint of their lives to approach their future and successes systematically. People say, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” When we face failures and disappointments, we may ask the Lord, “Why have you forgotten me?” (Ps.42:9). But God tells us that he has engraved us on his palms. Notice the verse carefully. People who often forget things would write names or particular things for their remembrance. But God inscribes us on his hands. If we ask God for a plan for our future, he will tell us not to worry and show his pierced hands to assure his love. God has a plan for our future; it is better than ours (Jer.29:11). Lastly, God reminds us about his sovereign protection over our lives. More than the ancient city walls that protected the city’s inhabitants, God protects us, provides for our needs. God sees us from heaven, and our help comes from him. We have God’s unique, amazing, and comforting promises for our lives. Why should we be anxious for anything? More than a mother, God loves us. His grace is sufficient for us.

APPLICATION:  God knows everything better than I do. Instead of worrying, I can trust God and his plan, for he loves me. Since Jesus laid down his life for me, I know what love is. I should express my love for God with actions and in truth, not just in words and speech (1 Jn.3:16-18).

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your great love for me. Lord, you will never leave me nor forsake me. Help me to remain in your love every day. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 269

No comments: