Friday, September 24, 2021

You are not forgotten

 READ: Isaiah 43,44; Psalms 84; 2 Corinthians 12

SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 44: 21 “Remember these things, Jacob, for you, Israel, are my servant. I have made you, you are my servant; Israel, I will not forget you.
22 I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.”

OBSERVATION: During difficult times, one may think that all have forgotten and forsaken him/her. Here, prophet Isaiah tells a prophecy concerning the redemption of Israelites who would be exiled from the promised land. After warning against idol worship and exposing the stupidity of worshipping human-made idols, God calls his people to remember his words and reminds them about who he is to Israel and who they are to God. Unlike the idols, God is our Creator. We are his servants. God promises that he will not forget his people. In Isaiah 43:22-24, God says that the Israelites did not seek him with all of their hearts. However, it does not stop God from loving them. We are God’s chosen ones; he will never reject us. Instead, God is always with us  (Is.41:8-10). He encourages us to fear for nothing. God says, “I have summoned you by name; you are mine” (Is.43:1). In Is.44:21, God reminds us that he is our maker and will not forget us.

God calls his people to return to him. When we go to God, he offers forgiveness to remove our transgressions and cleanse us from sins. Through prophet Jeremiah, God invites, “If you, Israel, will return, then return to me (Jer.4:1). It is easy for God to help us and make us clean to stand before him. When we return to God with repentance, he is able to blot out all our offenses and sins (Is.44:22; 1:18). The reason God calls us to return to him is, for he has redeemed us (Is. 43:1, 44: 22,23). God is our “Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel” (Is.41:14). When we read these promises that God gave through his prophet Isaiah, we should remember that they were foretold many years before the actual events. This all-knowing God has called us by name.  Our Creator God will never forget us. Do we always remember him? God can use /change anyone and anything to fulfill his promises. As God’s servants, we must serve him faithfully. Jesus redeemed us with his blood (1 Pet.1:18-19). “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Heb.4:16; 10:19-24).

APPLICATION: God is my Creator. I will not give the space due to God to anyone or any worldly things. If there is any offensive way in me, I will repent and return to God.  I will remember God’s words and carefully follow them. I will serve God faithfully with a wholehearted devotion to him.

PRAYER: Creator God, thank you for your love that redeemed me. Lord, help me be faithful to worship and serve you. Holy Spirit,  give me the strength to walk with God every day without any stumbling.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 266

No comments: