Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A call to live for Christ

 

READ: Isaiah 65,66; Psalms 95; Ephesians 4

SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4: 1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

OBSERVATION: We see many people sharing great ideas but not practicing what they preach to others. They may say doing something is different from what we speak. Sadly many Christians also show great interest in talking about doctrines, but they have little or no interest in exercising their Christian faith in daily life. In the first three chapters of the Epistles to Ephesians, Paul explains some of the vital doctrines of the Church. In the remaining three chapters, he emphasizes the practical application of the doctrines and daily Christian living. A Christian leader observes that the first three chapters tell us how God sees us in Christ; the last three chapters instruct how the world should see us. These practical application chapters invite us to live in unity, purity, harmony, and be victorious in our Christian walk.

We have the responsibility to live in Christ, worthy of the calling we have received. In other words, we need to walk in love,  loving one another just as Jesus Christ loved us. We do not follow Christ and his life blindly. Neither do we try to follow a list of do’s and don’t’s to please God. As apostle John writes, “We love because he first loved us” (1 Jn.4:19). When we understand who we are in Christ and God’s call, we will live a life worthy of our calling. When we live like Jesus, the world gets an opportunity to see Jesus in our lives. It is not an option but a responsibility that we must do it faithfully.

APPLICATION: I am a Christian; Christ is in me. Christian faith is not merely a set of dogmas that I must follow. The quality of my Christian life is not determined by how many doctrines I know but by how I live before God. When I apply God’s word in my life and follow Jesus, the world will see the transformation that Christ brings in my life.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your love and holy call to receive your salvation. Jesus, help me to be faithful in following your footsteps of love. Holy Spirit, give me your strength to live a life that glorifies God. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 277

No comments: