Monday, October 18, 2021

Our God is the God of all

READ: Jeremiah 23,24; Psalms 107; 1 Thessalonians 2

SCRIPTURE: Jeremiah 23: 23 “Am I only a God nearby,” declares the Lord, “and not a God far away?
24 Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the Lord.

OBSERVATION: When Jeremiah warned the Israelites about the coming danger, no one listened to his words. Because false prophets who lived in Jerusalem misled the people with their lying prophecies that God would protect his people. These ungodly false prophets gave false hopes to people. In this context, God asks three rhetorical questions to understand him correctly. The first question affirms the immanence of God that he is present with his people and the transcendence of God. God is near to his people. “He is not far from any one of us” (Acts 17:27). Our God who lives “in a high and holy place” also lives “with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit” (Is.57:15). The second question tells us that God watches over us. We cannot hide anything from God. Thirdly, The same God who is with us is sovereign throughout the world, the God of all.

 If we have the sense that God sees us and he is near to us, what kind of life should we live? God’s nearness is a blessing to all who love and obey him. But for ungodly people, it is a warning against them. The false prophets prophecized the delusions of their minds and lived in evil ways by thinking as if God was not near to see them. God spoke against them through his prophet Jeremiah. If anyone prophesies in the name of the Lord, we need to check whether it is from the Lord. God is against false prophets and the people who believe the lies of false prophets. At the same time, God is near to us. He loves to speak with us. We are living under his surveillance and his protection.

APPLICATION: My God is omnipresent; I cannot/should hide anything from him. He protects me from all dangers. He fills me with the knowledge of the Lord. I should/will live a life worthy of the Lord and worthy of the calling I have received from the Lord.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your ever-presence with me. Lord, give me your strength to live a life that pleases you. Holy Spirit, help me to discern the word of God and obey God with all my heart. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 289

No comments: