Monday, October 4, 2021

The Lord is my help

 READ: Isaiah 63,64; Psalms 94; Ephesians 3

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 94: 18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

OBSERVATION: Slippery roads and slopes are dangerous to anyone. When a person is falling down at a slippery place, he will look/search for something that would give a grip to save him from falling. It could cause us severe physical damages if we fall without any help. Here, the psalmist says of his experience of  God’s protection and unfailing love when he thought his foot was slipping. The enemies’ nonstop attacks might have given such a thought that his strength is insufficient to save himself from falling.

When we stand at the edge of a cliff, we need to be careful to stand and protect ourselves from falling. When we feel that we are at the edge of our life with no one to help us, we too may think like the psalmist. At such times, Satan would try to implant all his lies in our minds to doubt God’s word and increase our worries about life. But God never forsakes his people and never forgets them. His love is unfailing love. So, he supports his people when they suffer. When we trust God and ask for his help, he protects us from all harm. As the Bible says, “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone” (Ps.91:11,12). When we have anxieties, we will have worries and fears about various things. Our God is the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort (2 Cor.1:3). His consolation gives us joy. Let us sing together with David, “It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights” (Ps.18:32,33). God’s word gives us hope for the future. When we feel or think that there is no one to help us in our troubles and problems, let us not forget that our Lord is our rock.

APPLICATION: Humans may forget and forsake me. But God never abandons me. He has promised to be with me always. I can trust God’s unfailing love. He gives me his protection, peace, and joy in my life. So I can be anxious for nothing.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your unfailing, steadfast love. I can trust you always, even when I feel fragile. Holy Spirit, help me to present my prayer requests to God and guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 276

No comments: