Monday, May 3, 2021

A fortiori - "How much more"

READ: 1 Samuel 11,12; Psalm 122; Luke 18:1-17

SCRIPTURE: Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up...
6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says.
7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?."

OBSERVATION: Generally, we are not always persistent in our prayers till we get an answer. Sometimes, we may give up our prayers when we see the challenge before us is seemingly bigger than our expectation or capacity. In this parable of a widow, Jesus taught his disciples about the importance of praying always, regardless of the situations.  We may have unjust, unloving, and ungodly people around us. The helpless widow was persistent in her plea with the impolite judge. She did not give up her efforts until the judge changed his mind to do justice to her. The main argument of Jesus in this parable is, if an unjust judge would choose to bring justice, how much more will our heavenly father answer the prayers of those who pray to him. The judge took a long time to take a right decision. However, as Jesus said, God would act "quickly" without neglecting such prayers. We should never stop our prayers to God. How much more sure is it  that we would get answer to our prayers! Are there any valid excuses for not praying?

APPLICATION: I should pray always. When my situation becomes worse, when my hope becomes dim, when challenges grow bigger than my capacity, I should not forget to pray. When things get tough that is when I should seek the Lord the most. When my situation offers no favorable hope to me, I find my real strength and hope in Jesus Christ, as I pray. My trust is not in any human, but in God.  I pray with the faith in God and see great changes in my life. Because, my God never fails to answer my prayers. So I will not give up my prayers.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your unending love to listen my prayers.  You are my hope in the ungodly world.  Every good and perfect gift comes from you. You are the righteous judge. Lord, help me to seek you first in any situation. Amen.


- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: