Monday, May 17, 2021

God’s steadfast love

READ: 2 Samuel 9, 10; Psalm 136 ; John 1: 1-28

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 136: 23 He remembered us in our low estate. His love endures forever.
24 and freed us from our enemies. His love endures forever.
25 He gives food to every creature. His love endures forever.
26 Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.

OBSERVATION: Psalm 136 is a wonderful reminder of who our God is and what he has done to his people. The concluding verses ( 23-26) of this psalm succinctly present the themes of the psalm in reversal order: A call to thank God (v.26), God and his  creation (v.25), God’s mighty acts for his people (v.23-24). This psalm emphasizes, “the fact that thanks – gratitude – is the most elemental response of faith to the good gifts of God” (George Stroup).

Verse 23-24  reminds that the same God who helped his people in the past is the present help for us now. When we go through a lowly and unpleasant condition in our life, people may not notice and help us. But God remembers us even in our difficult moments when we eagerly look for help. He protects us and enables us to see victories in our life. His provision is sufficient to meet all our needs. Therefore,  current affairs in our life and in the world, whatever it may be, we need not to worry or fear about what would happen, when and how it would end. we can be confident in God’s love, for HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER. 

APPLICATION: My God remembers me always. His love delivers me from all my struggles. Because he loves me, I have everything I need. God is with me. In fact, he is in me. His steadfast love makes it possible for me. God lifts me up and helps me to live with him. His love endures forever. It has no end. “What shall I return to the Lord for all his goodness to me?” (Ps.116:12). His unending love calls me to offer a continual thanksgiving in all the days of my  life. Thank you, oh God!

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your love. Your love comforts me even when I am left alone with no hope for the future. Your love is the hope for my life. Lord, help me to cherish your love everyday and to live with a heart of gratitude. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: