Friday, July 30, 2021

A prayer for deliverance

READ: Nehemia 11-13; Psalms 28; Acts 21:1-25

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 28: 9 Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

OBSERVATION: Psalm 28 starts with David’s desperate prayer for deliverance from deadly dangers that he faced in his life. David asks for God’s help and pleads for his mercy to save his life (v.1,2). However, in verses  6-7, David expresses his joy and confidence in God since God answered his “cry for mercy.” His cry for help turned to be the cry of praise.  When he explains why God responded to his prayers, he says, “my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.” A heart that trusts God rejoices and is filled with songs of praise. After receiving answers for his prayers, David now prays for his people (v.9). He asks God to be the shepherd of his people to save and bless them. God saves his people whenever they are in distress. God is the savior and shepherd of his people (Ps.23; Is.40:11; 63:9). God protects and guides his people and meets all their needs.  God leads his people like a shepherd leads his flock (Ps.23; 78:52; 80:1). God’s blessings are upon his people; He blesses their lives every day. When deadly diseases or dangers surround us, we can trust God. He is our strength and shield. Jesus, our Good Shepherd, provides deliverance from all the deadly dangers and blesses us (Jn.10:10,11).

APPLICATION: The Bible says, “Blessed is the people whose God is the Lord” (Ps.144:15). When I trust God, he saves and blesses me. “The Lord is my strength and my shield” (Ps.28:7). Since God is with me, “I will fear no evil” (Ps.23:4). He saves me “from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence”; He answers my prayer and blesses me with every blessing and eternal life  (Ps.91:3,15, 16). I will trust God always.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your salvation and blessings. Jesus, I am a sheep in your flock; I want to follow you diligently. Carry me in your hands and protect me from all dangers, today and forever. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 210

No comments: