Thursday, June 17, 2021

Peace in Jesus Christ

Read:  1 Chronicles 1, 2; Proverbs 17; John 16: 16-33

Scripture: John 16: 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Observation: Before his crucifixion, Jesus prepared his disciples to face the impending challenges and trials. At that time, although Jesus’ disciples did not know about their future, they believed Jesus knew everything. Fully knowing about his sufferings and crucifixion, Jesus was not speaking in fear. Instead, he assured them of peace. As Jesus said, we all will have trouble; only its level varies from person to person. The word “trouble” may refer to persecution, difficulties, pain, worries, temptations, and loss. Although we all will have trouble in this life, we can experience peace in Jesus, as he said. Here, Jesus was not promising that you will receive my peace in the future. Jesus offered his peace. Let us remember: Jesus’ peace is our inheritance; we can experience this peace in our life in any situation. Instead of giving any false promises to his disciples, Jesus encouraged them to be strong in him. When Jesus was talking about his disciples’ future trouble, he proclaimed his victory. Not only Christ’s peace, but his victory also belongs to us. The world will give nothing but trouble throughout our life. But Jesus gives his peace and enables us to face anything in our life. All we need to do is to live in Jesus. 

Application: Jesus offers peace; the world gives trouble. Jesus prepares my heart to experience his peace in times of trouble. When I live in Jesus Christ, I will not fear though I face any trouble or evil (Ps.3:6). Worldly trouble cannot separate me from Jesus. As Paul says, “trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword…in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (Romans 8:35-37). As I remain in Jesus and his love, he strengthens me to experience his victory on the cross. Jesus gives me his peace and victory as his gift of love.

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for the peace you offer to me. I can experience your peace only when I remain in you. Lord, help me to keep my eyes on you, not on any worldly trouble of my life. Thank you that you have overcome the world on the cross. My loving Lord, help me to abide in you, taste your love, and show your love to the world. Amen.

 - Arputharaj Samuel

+91 9538328573

Day - 168


No comments: