Saturday, January 23, 2021

BUT GOD!

 READ: Genesis 45, 46; Psalm 23; Matthew 12:1-30

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 45: 8 So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

OBSERVATION: Joseph was trying to explain his brothers to understand what God did in his life. Notice his repeated use of the word "God" while he revealed himself to his brothers. Until Joseph was brought before the King, his life had been filled with untoward events and miseries. Outwardly, he was disliked by his brothers, sold as a slave, imprisoned without doing any mistake (in fact, refused to sin against God). But God was with him, and made Joseph successful in everything. In Joseph's life, others had different (mostly evil) plans for him, BUT GOD had a plan for his life. Every suffering or injustice Joseph faced in his life actually helped him to come near God and his plan - it was a plan of God's salvation. About 20 years after he was sold as a slave, now Joseph told his brothers that how God made him a powerful person of Egypt within 13 years. God led Joseph to pass through "the valley of shadow of death." Amazing Grace!

APPLICATION: I believe that God has a plan for my life. At times, I may face or go through difficulties in my life. But God is there to help and to be with me.  He is my Shepherd. He knows my path and guides me even through the valley of death. As long as I am under his care and walk with him in his guidance, I can be assured that "goodness and love will follow me."

PRAYER: Father God, you are the wonder-working God. Your ways are inscrutable! My God, you make the impossible things to become possible, for those who trust and obey you. Help me to walk with you today and forever. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
23 January 2021

No comments: