Saturday, January 30, 2021

Place "at HIS feet"

READ: Exodus 9, 10; Psalm 30; Matthew 15:21-39.

SCRIPTURE:  Matthew 15:29 Jesus...went up on a mountainside and sat down. 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. 31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel. 

OBSERVATION: When a king sits at his throne, his people would come and offer what they could at his feet in order to show their respect for the King. Here, we read that while Jesus was sitting people laid the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others at his feet. Then we read of God's creative power to heal those sick people. He made them well. Jesus did something that is not possible to do by even today's modern medical facilities. So they were amazed and praised God. What more they could do! The feet of  Jesus is the perfect place to offer our inabilities, weaknesses, worries, sorrows, pain, and anything that we can't bear in our life. He is able to heal even today, for "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Heb.13:8). 

APPLICATION:  When I place my life at his feet, then I can sing like David, "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever" (Ps.30:11,12). He is able! He is alive! Nothing impossible for my Lord Jesus Christ. Hallelujah! Lord Jesus, I offer my life to you. What more I could do! 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, you alone are worthy of my praise. Thank you for your providence to my every need. You are my everything. I can trust you always. Help me to live for your glory. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
30 January 2021

No comments: