Saturday, January 16, 2021

Keep me safe, my God!

  READ: Genesis 31, 32; Psalm 16; Matthew 8:18-34

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 8:  24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 

OBSERVATION: As I read this verse, I wonder how come a person could sleep in the midst of a storm. Jesus and his disciples were on a boat, not in a comfortable place where they could sleep well. When a boat is tossed up by the waves, it would be difficult even to stand straight. "But Jesus was sleeping." His disciples were so afraid that they would drown in the water. So they sought the help of Jesus. I see Jesus response in this way. Jesus was saying to his disciples that when I am on the boat "why are you so afraid?" They "were amazed" when the waves and the winds obeyed Jesus' rebuke. For some people, it is very difficult to accept miracles. However, as this bible passage says, Jesus has control over "even the winds and the waves." Jesus is the LORD over all of God's creation and creatures. At times we may face sudden or unexpected events in our life. As long as Jesus is with us, we need not to fear for anything.

APPLICATION: When I face an unexpected storm in my life, what I do? There are times, I worried about my life and future. Restlessly, I tried different things to save myself from the storm. The moment I realize my inability to control my situation and ask Jesus to save me, I can experience the peace of God in my heart. Jesus is with me always. He is the LORD.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for this wonderful reminder that you are with me and all things are under your control. You are the Lord of my life. Help me today to experience your peace and to exalt your name. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
16 January 2021

No comments: