Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The best medicine for anxiety

 READ: Genesis 23, 24; Psalm 12; Matthew 6:19-34

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 6:25.Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?... 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 

OBSERVATION: Generally, there is no house without a door, no human without worries. Worry is a global disease that causes sleepless nights to many. Here in Matthew 6, Jesus says of some of the main reasons for human anxiety and worry. He invites his listeners for a worriless life in which God takes care of every need. God knows our every need, whether great or small. Not only that, he knows how to meet our needs as well. Those who trust God can see God's provision and protection in unusual ways unknown to humanity. See how God helped Abraham and answered his servant's prayer to find a wife for Isaac (Genesis 24). Instead of worrying about our needs, Jesus calls us to "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness." We can trust and believe the word of God, for they are "flawless" and they are perfect that stand against any tests (Psalm 12).

APPLICATION: When I see a bird or a flower, I can remember Jesus' words that how God takes care of them and dresses them. When I see nature and God's creation, they are pleasant for my eyes to watch and they remind me how much more worth I am than these wonderful things. God knows my every need. So I will not fear and worry about anything. In order to live this worry-free life where God meets my every need, I will "seek first his kingdom and righteousness."

PRAYER: Father, thank you for your word today. You know my needs. I can experience your providence and protection when I trust and follow your word. Help me "to keep the main thing the main thing." Give me your strength to live as a citizen of your kingdom and to practice your righteousness. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
12 January 2021

No comments: