Monday, January 25, 2021

The secrets of the Kingdom of God

 READ: Genesis 49, 50; Psalm 25; Matthew 13:1-30

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 13:10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them...16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

OBSERVATION: Jesus, the master communicator used parables to explain the hidden mysteries of the kingdom of God.  Although Jesus' parables contain things that are familiar to all, they have hidden meanings. Therefore, not everyone who hears it understand the meaning of Jesus' parables. Many people refused to understand the meaning of God's word. On the other hand, many prophets who longed to hear and to see it were not able to do in in their lifetime. Here, Jesus is saying to his disciples, it is "given to you." Jesus' disciples can understand the knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. They understand those hidden mysteries by accepting the son of God and his word in their heart. Then his word does its work in and through them. Apostle Paul says of the hidden mystery revealed to Lord's people, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col.1:27).

APPLICATION: When I read the word of God, I need to be open-minded to learn and to understand what God wants to speak with me. God has given me the privilege to understand the knowledge of the mysteries that was hidden for ages and generations. However, I need to comprehend his word and to apply in my life. I will be fruitful when I allow God's word to do its work.

PRAYER: Jesus, thank you for the privilege to know you as my Lord, and to understand your word. Thank you for speaking with me today. Help me to listen and to obey.  Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
25 January 2021

No comments: