Sunday, January 31, 2021

The LORD preserves!

 READ: Exodus 11, 12; Psalm 31; Matthew 16:1-12.

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 31:23 Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. 24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

OBSERVATION: In the world we live today, we see that preservatives are added to many food products, medicines, cosmetics and so other many things. Although they are used to prevent any decomposition of the products, in the long run these preservatives spoil the health and well-being of those who use it. Here, David says, "The LORD preserves the faithful." In Psalm 31, David expresses his trust in the Lord despite all the unfavorable situation in his life. As he describes his distressing thoughts, pains and slanders that terrorized him and weakened him both physically and emotionally, his confident was in the Lord and says "But I trust in you" (Ps.31:9-14). God protects his faithful ones from all afflictions and keep them safe. Above all, God stored up his goodness for his people. As our times are in his hand, not in the hands of our enemies, he delivers and lifts us up in his time. God is faithful. He fulfilled his promises to the Israelites and brought them out from the bondage of Egypt after 430 years. He is able to deliver and to protect his faithful ones even today. No matter who our enemy is or what our sorrowful situation is, but whom we put our trust matters most. We can trust God always! 

APPLICATION: When I am surrounded by unfavorable situations and afflictions that I never expected in my life, there are times I became weak physically and emotionally. The more I looked at my environment, my fears intensified and no breakthrough visible within my eyesight. However, when I remember what the Lord did in the past and in the life of others who feared him, my confidence and trust in the Lord are increasing, and my fears are disappearing from my sight. The Bible says of many such stories of God's faithfulness and deliverance. God's protection never decays. I trust and love you oh my Lord. How great thou art! 

PRAYER:  Father God, thank you for protecting me from every harmful and evil thoughts that try to devour me. My life and my times are in your hands! How wonderful your love. Help me to remember your love and protection, and to love you always.  Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
31 January 2021

No comments: