Wednesday, January 27, 2021

My excuses to God the Savior

READ: Exodus 3, 4; Psalm 27; Matthew 14:1-21.

SCRIPTURE: Exodus 3: 7 The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them...10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”

OBSERVATION: Notice the verbs in the selected passage. God who sees, hears, and concerns for his people came down to deliver them from slavery. He appeared to Moses "in flames of fire from within a bush" and commissioned him. But, what Moses did! He was saying his excuses after excuses, five in total. Some may think that they are genuine doubts or questions. " “Who am I that I should go...?"(Exo.3:11), "What is his (God's) name? Then what shall I tell them?"(Exo.3:13), "What if they do not believe me or listen to me...?" (Exo.4:1), "I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue” (Exo.4:10), "Lord. Please send someone else" (Exo.4:13)   Here, we read that God patiently answered Moses's all questions and doubts. However, when Moses expressed his unwillingness and asked God to find someone else, God was angry with Moses. We learn two things here: God is concerned about the suffering of his people, when God calls us to tell his message of deliverance we must obey.

APPLICATION: How many times I was reluctant to obey God by telling my hesitations and fears! Sometimes, my fears, doubts and problems appeared bigger than the God I serve. I  should remember and be confident that the Lord who calls me knows my every need and gives his strength to do his work. Amazing savior, almighty God! I can trust him. There is none like him. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your love and care.  Forgive me, O God! Many times, I have said my excuses instead of obeying your words.  Instead of looking at you, I was seeing my weaknesses. My God! help me to see you always,  and strengthen me to show my love through my actions and obedience to your word.  Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
27 January 2021

No comments: