Wednesday, January 13, 2021

How long, O Lord?

 READ: Genesis 25, 26; Psalm 13; Matthew 7:1-14

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 13:1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?

OBSERVATION: David expresses his anguish over waiting for a long period and his despair of not seeing God in his tough time. Because of this, he goes through an inner battle that causes sorrow in his heart. As we wait to receive something for a period more than we expected, it could make our heart sick. We may feel that God neglected us. As we wait, if we constantly look at our problems, we may not be able to see the way to come out of it. However, that is not the end point. That could be a starting point to have a fresh look on God, remembering his acts of faithfulness in the past. That is what exactly David does here. Although he goes through various issues unknown to us, he expresses his confidence in God (13:5). When we begin to trust God, we are relieved from our worries and begin to experience joy and to sing songs.

APPLICATION: I too tend to become weary when I wait for certain things. However, instead of allowing my heart to have an inner battle, I need to remember how God helped and rescued me in the past. As I remember his acts of faithfulness, fulfillment of his promises, my attention would turn toward God to trust him. Then confidently I can use such tough times to "wait on God." When I wait on God, I get a renewed strength and I will not become weary. So, I praise God for everything, for HE is my everything!

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your unfailing love for me. I will trust in you, for you are my hiding place. You never fails me. So I will sing a song of praise. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel

+91 9538328573
13 January 2021

No comments: