Tuesday, January 19, 2021

God's two books

READ: Genesis 37, 38; Psalm 19; Matthew 10:1-26

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 19: 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his  hands... 7 The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.....11 By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. 12 But who can discern their own errors?

OBSERVATION: Psalm 19 is an insightful song that reminds us of God's two great books. The one we are all familiar is the Bible.  The other one is, as the psalmist says, the nature. In other words,  one is the book of God's words, and the other one is the book of God's works. While God's works remind all people about the glory of God and reveal knowledge, the word of God refreshes the soul, makes people wise, gives "joy to a heart" and "light to the eyes." Moreover, it guides and warns a believer to live a blameless life before God.

APPLICATION: As I read Psalm 19, I understand the nature and the benefits of the word of God. When I read the  bible, I can enjoy all the benefits that are listed in this Psalm. However, without a personal application of God's word and realization of my "hidden faults" and "willful sins", I cannot experience the blessings of the word of God. God is able to help me when I pray for forgiveness and his protection. 

PRAYER: "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
19 January 2021

No comments: