Tuesday, February 16, 2021

All that glitters are not gold!

  READ: Leviticus 3, 4; Psalm 47; Matthew 24:1-28

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you... 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

OBSERVATION: When Jesus' disciples asked him about the signs of the end days, Jesus warned them about the dangers of deceptions of  the end days. Here the word "watch out" calls us to see, to perceive and to discern what is right or wrong in order to protect ourselves from any deception. In his Olivet discourse about the end days,  he spoke about internal and external struggles of a believer. Among these struggles, attempts to deceive a follower of Christ would cause more damages than any other disasters he mentioned in his speech, for it could separate a person away from God. Instead of blindly believing something, we need to be alert when propagandas divert our attention. Even if someone comes in sheep's clothing, it is the responsibility of every believer to discern whether it is from God or not. Jesus informed us about all these dangers of upcoming, existing deceptions well ahead of time. We need to be alert and of sober mind. 

APPLICATION: As a Christian, I need to prepare myself to face everything that comes against me. Christ Jesus already told about what would happen in the end days. As I watch out what is happening in the world, I understand that his words are true. His words are sufficient to feed my spiritual hunger and to warn me of any dangers. I need no other source other than him and his word, to escape the dangers of the world. All I need is to have open eyes, ears and a discerning heart to  reject anything that misleads or deceives me.

PRAYER: Jesus, thank you for your prophecy and warning about the end days. Help me to stand firm in the truth and to guard my faith from any deception.  Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: