Monday, February 15, 2021

An ever-present help

 READ: Leviticus 1, 2; Psalm 46; Matthew 23:23-39

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 46: 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam nd the mountains quake with their surging.

OBSERVATION: Psalm 46 tells us that why there will be no fear among the people of God. The bible does not say that  there will be no calamity or problems in our life. Rather, it speaks of the availability of "an ever-present help" during those difficult times when we struggle or suffer. Here the Psalmist reminds, "God is our refuge and strength." The world we live  may collapse upside down, even big mountains may fall, but God is available to help us. We can hide ourselves in him, for he is our refuge. We can be strong, even if we go through a challenging or trying period of our life, for God is our strength. As long as we trust God and put our hope in him, we will be free from any fear. We can call on him any time. He is available to help us all the times — 24/7. We may be/become weak in times of trouble, But we can find our strength in God. 

APPLICATION: There were times when I was reluctant or hesitant to call for help by thinking that the person whom I think who can help me may be too busy to help me. Sometimes, even if they were available to help, they couldn't help as it was beyond their capacity. Here, the almighty God is available to help me. He shows no partiality to my calls for help. I can go to him any time of  a day to find my real strength. The sooner I go to God, the sooner I will find my help.  So in my testing times, 
"I will call upon the Lord 
Who is worthy to be praised.
So shall I be saved from my enemies
I will call upon the Lord"

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for encouraging me to trust you always. You are able to help me whatever situation I may be in. My loving Lord, give me your strength to face the trials of the day. For you are with me, I will not fear. Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: