Friday, February 19, 2021

Thank offering - the Fruit of Lips

READ: Leviticus 9, 10; Psalm 50; Matthew 25:31-46

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 50:23  He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that  I may show him  the salvation of God.

OBSERVATION: God wants his people to praise him and to acknowledge their dependence on God. Thank offering is "an expression of thankfulness" to our  God. Thank offering is an act of gratitude for the grace we received, for the deliverance from our chains, sickness, trouble, and death. .  As we read in Ps.50, our thank offerings honor God and it prepares the way for God to show his salvation to us. When we make our thank offerings, we need to do it with a heart of gratitude for the blessings we received, and for the blessings that we will receive.  The author of Hebrews says that our sacrifice of praise is "the fruit of lips that openly profess his (God's) name" and we should continually do it through Jesus (Heb.13:15).

 APPLICATION: God answers my every prayer, delivers me from all troubles, and shows his way. However, as I count his blessings and mercies, I regret that I did not thank him for every thing I received. My thank offering honors God. He is worthy of all praises and worship. God has done his part to deliver me and is always ready to guide me. I know well that without him I can do nothing. But how many times in a day I acknowledge my dependency of God. When I continually offer thanks and praises through my lips, it keeps me away from many perils of life. However, I must do with a heart of gratitude. I should not do it as a ritual or just for the sake of doing it as a duty.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for everything you do in my life. Today, I just wanna thank You Lord. Help me to be thankful and to prepare my ways to walk with you always.  Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: