Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Who is like you, Lord?

   READ: Exodus 15, 16; Psalm 33; Matthew 17:1-13.

SCRIPTURE: Exodus 15:11 Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you—majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?

OBSERVATION: When Moses and Aaron asked Pharaoh to send the Israelites to worship the LORD, Pharaoh's response was, "Who is the LORD...I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go" (Exo.5:1,2). Then the LORD sent all the plagues upon the Egyptians which displayed the mighty power of the LORD against all the Egyptians gods. When God said repeatedly that "the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD," it was God's response to Pharaoh's remark that he does not know the LORD. As we read in the book of Exodus, no power, no magicians could stand against God the LORD. Here this Question, "Who is like you?" has profound meanings and implications. Here in three phrases, this ancient song briefly summarizes the entire episode of God's mighty acts of deliverance that the LORD is "majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders." I do not know whether anyone could make a precise description about the LORD better than this one. When we ask ourselves that "who is like you, Lord, the only possible answer would be, "There is none like you."

APPLICATION: My God is able to deliver his people from any situation and make others to understand that HE is the LORD. However, I need to obey God and to follow his instructions to see his mighty acts in my life. Above all, he is the  “Holy One of Israel." God works in my life, and works through me to manifest his glory and power in order to make others to understand  who  he is! Nothing impossible for him. I must allow God to use my life to make others to understand that HE IS THE LORD. 

PRAYER:  Oh Holy God, Thank you that you saved me from the bondage of sin by your love and accepted me with your outstretched arms. Help me to live holy, and give your strength to praise you always and to tell others about the wonders of your work in my life. Amen..

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
2 February 2021

No comments: