Thursday, February 11, 2021

Faith's soliloquy

 READ: Exodus 33, 34; Psalm 42; Matthew 21:23-46

SCRIPTURE:  Psalm 42:5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

OBSERVATION: The psalmist must had been in a difficult time of his life while he wrote Psalm 42. Obviously, he had many questions of "Why?" and had no immediate answers to give to those who taunted him. Instead of looking for answers, the psalmist desperately seeks God. As he prays for his deliverance, he remembers the good past time when he was  in the house of God and make a self-talk to remind him what he should do such as time as this. While his enemies made him to cry day and night, the psalmist expresses his hope in God that God sends his love for the day and songs for the night to comfort and to be with him. So he asks himself, "Why, my soul, are you downcast?"

APPLICATION: Being a Christian does not mean that one is free from problems, troubles and worries. God did not promise a life without any worries. While everyone in this world have their own problems and struggles in varying levels, what I do when I face a problem shows the difference between me and others. As a Christian, I seek God, and his answers. God is my hope. My soul, you can experience his peace and rest as you seek God with all your heart! 

PRAYER: My God, you are my deliverer and you are my hiding place. When I have no immediate answers for the questions of my life, when others ask me difficult questions, I can put my hope in you. Instead of worrying within me, I  praise my God and  pray to him.  Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: