Sunday, February 7, 2021

“Who then can be saved?”

READ: Exodus 25, 26; Psalm 38; Matthew 19:16-30.

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 19:25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

OBSERVATION: Jesus' disciples who heard the conversation between the rich  young man and Jesus might have surprised to hear the way he answered to the rich man. Here, we see a man who wants to know what to do to earn the eternal life. Jesus' response made the rich man to become sad and he went away. Jesus pointed the rich man what he really lacks to enter the eternal life. He wanted to earn it through his works, and was not ready to receive it as a gift. However, it seems Jesus's disciples did not understand  Jesus' answer. So they asked, "“Who then can be saved?” Sometimes we also think like the disciples of Jesus. When we think of the salvation of any of our relatives, friends, or family members, Jesus would give  the same answer even today, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

APPLICATION: I need to remember that I am saved by God's grace, not by any of my works. God wants me to keep him at the center of my life, and  to be committed to follow him everyday. Further, God can save any person, nothing is impossible for him. Instead of looking at the difficulties and hindrances of a person to be saved, I need to look at the almighty God who wants everyone to be saved. He is able!

PRAYER: Jesus, I come to you today, and want to follow you in my life everyday. Keep me close to you. Help me to put aside my self-righteousness that hinders to love and to trust you.  Amen. 


- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: