Saturday, February 6, 2021

DO NOT FRET

 READ: Exodus 23, 24; Psalm 37; Matthew 19:1-15.

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 37:3 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 4 Take delight in the Lord,  and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your  vindication like the noonday sun. 7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

OBSERVATION: We become indignant when we see wicked people succeed in their every evil scheme. Sometimes we think that there is no use of being a good or godly person who does things in proper way without applying any shortcuts or evil plans. Psalm 37 gives a picture of what would happen to a wicked person, what the LORD would do to those who trust in him, and what a godly person supposed to do. A wicked person may taste successes for a while, but they are all temporary ones. On the other hand, blessing of the land belongs to the righteous ones who trust God. All we need to do is instead of fretting over the so called successes of the wicked and evil people, we should do what the LORD expects from us. 

APPLICATION: When I trust God and wait for his intervention in my life and work, I must keep my focus on him, not on others who are ready to do anything to get success. The true and eternal blessing comes from the LORD. However, my joy and happiness do not come from the blessings I receive. The Lord is my delight. He knows my heart and my ways. I can trust him always.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for the instruction you give me today. Help me to keep your word in my heart, and to look at you alone, instead of seeing any other person. Lord, Give me a heart to be still before you and to wait on you, and strength to walk in your way.  Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: