Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Your Uniqueness - Holy to the LORD

READ: Leviticus 19, 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28:1-10

SCRIPTURE: Leviticus 20: 23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them...26 You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.

OBSERVATION: In Today's passage in the book of Leviticus, we read many "Do not" phrases and the punishments for not following God's instructions. They refer the Ten Commandments directly and indirectly. In relation to God's expectation of his people's holiness, God warns them not to live according to the customs of the world. Rather, he wants them to show love to one another and not to deviate from normal life. We see a list of sexual and moral aberrations that God considers as abomination. God abhorred the Canaanite nations because they shamelessly practiced many of these aberrations. The Holy God expects his people to be holy to him. Here, the expectation of holiness does not refer to live according to the customs of the world, but to live according to the word of God.

 APPLICATION: We see different customs in different parts of the world. A thing that is acceptable in one place is forbidden in other places. Laws and social customs are varying to countries to countries. In General, we see a decline in moral and ethical standards across the globe due to the rise of many "-isms",  and slogans that support them. If someone raise objection to any of these "-isms", they are treated like an alien. However, though I live in this world, as the bible says, God  set apart  me  to be his own. So I must not support or follow any of the worldly customs that go  against the word of God. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for choosing me to be among the one of your own people. As long as I live in this world, help me to be holy to represent you and your word.   Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: