Sunday, February 14, 2021

The fruit of obedience

READ: Exodus 39, 40; Psalm 45; Matthew 23:1-22

SCRIPTURE: Exodus 39:42 The Israelites had done all the work just as the Lord had commanded Moses. 43 Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the Lord had commanded. So Moses blessed them.
Exodus 40: 34 Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle....38 So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the Israelites during all their travels.

OBSERVATION: In today's bible reading passage, we see two kinds of people. The first is those who were diligent in doing things "as the Lord Commanded", secondly we read about the hypocrites who were warned by Jesus for not doing what God required of them but doing things that pleased them. When the people of God finished their work "as the Lord commanded", they received blessing and were able to see the glory of the Lord which would guide them in their remaining journey to Canaan. On the other hand, we read Jesus' condemnation against those hypocrites. Obedience to the commands of the Lord always brings blessing and helps us to see God's guidance for our life. 

APPLICATION: God honors my obedience when I do things as he commanded. At the same time, if I practice hypocrisy in my life, he condemns it. I cannot hide anything from God. God sees my heart that obeys than my actions. When I obey God, I honor Him and I receive the blessings of the Lord and his guidance for my life. So always, “I will do" the commands of God  "just as he commanded."

PRAYER: Father God, help me today to see your glory and guidance through my obedience.  Holy Spirit, help me to overcome my weaknesses, strengthen me to obey God with love. Keep me away from any form of hypocrisy. Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: