Saturday, February 20, 2021

A Call to Live Holy

READ: Leviticus 11, 12; Psalm 51; Matthew 26:1-35

SCRIPTURE: Leviticus 11: 44. I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy...45. I am the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

OBSERVATION: The book of Leviticus is a manual of  laws and regulations for the Israelites to worship God, to keep themselves ceremonially clean, to offer sacrifices, and  to live as God's holy people. God brought them out from the Egypt and expected them to live holy, for he is holy. This call to holiness is unique in various ways. God wants us to be like him. "Be holy, because I am holy." Although God has set us apart from others, we need to do something to consecrate ourselves. In the O.T times, there were laws to keep a person ceremonially clean. But, they need to be practiced. When David sinned against God and prayed for forgiveness, he pleaded God to cleanse and to wash him (Ps.51:7). He must have understood that God alone can make a person holy and clean. Our Lord Jesus offered his body as the perfect sacrifice and shed his blood for the forgiveness of sins. All we need to do is to accept Jesus and take God's provisions for us to live holy.

 APPLICATION: It is a privileged responsibility to live a holy life for the holy God. It is not about do's and don'ts of life, but to follow God in every aspect of my life. Knowing my weaknesses, God sent His son Jesus to the world, and through him I can live a life that pleases God. The blood of Jesus purifies me from all sins. I confess my inabilities and weaknesses that hinders to lead a holy life, and seek God to forgive and to purify me. Not for me or not according to my own expectations, but for you oh God I should live a holy life.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your desire for us to be holy. Thank you for your loving provision through your son Jesus to purify us. Help me to take it in my life and to live a holy life everyday.  I too want to be like you to be holy.  Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: