Tuesday, February 23, 2021

What a Price! What a Savior!

 READ: Leviticus 17, 18; Psalm 54; Matthew 27:32-66

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”

OBSERVATION: When Jesus was on the cross, people around him were not able to understand his cry. They might had thought that he was calling the help of Elijah as he was mocked and insulted by the people, soldiers, and the chief priests. Although Christ went through a cruel form of human torture, he did not cry out of body pain. Rather, a momentary separation from God when he bore the sins of all the world must had been more painful than anything else, and that made him cry. The crucifixion of Jesus was a prophetic fulfillment for the salvation of humanity.  Jesus, the sinless lamb of God willingly gave himself as the perfect sacrifice to make the way for every person to be redeemed from the clutches of the bondage of sin and to enjoy an eternal relationship with God the Father. It was so unbearable for him. But he had to taste it to set us free from the slavery of the fear of death (Heb.2:14,15).

 APPLICATION: Jesus' crucifixion says of how much God loves us/me. The cross of Christ reminds me of the price he paid, and shows the way for my salvation.  Jesus is the source of my eternal salvation. I am no longer a slave to sin, for Christ saved me. I am no longer a slave to fear, for I am a child of God. I belong to Jesus. Through Christ, every day I can experience God's love and show to others.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your love to save us. There is none like you.  Lord, I offer my life to you, use it for your glory. Amen. 

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: