Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Conclusion of Wisdom

READ: Ecclesiastes 11,12; Psalms 58; 1 Corinthians 4

SCRIPTURE:  Ecclesiastes 11: 5 As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

OBSERVATION: We are living in an era where knowledge is accessible to all. Modern technology helps us to find the data we want within seconds and at our fingertips. Many people believe that we can know everything with the help of science. Does science explain everything? YES. Don’t take my word amiss. Modern science says that there is no answer available now for some of the mysteries of human life (E.g. the human brain’s function). Have you ever wondered where does our heart get the energy to function? With the help of the latest medical facilities, we are blessed to see a baby’s growth in a mothers’ womb. However, human knowledge has a limitation in many things related to human life.

The Ecclesiastes’ final words echo this limitation. The wisdom that helped to see all things are meaningless is not able to understand the work of the Creator God. With this realization, the wise man who wrote the Ecclesiastes shares some suggestions to appropriately use our wisdom: when you are happy and following your heart desires and seeing what your eyes want to see, put a bridle (v.9). Remember your Creator before it gets too late (Ecc.12:1-7). “Fear God and keep his commandments,” the Ecclesiastes says, “for this is the duty of all mankind” (Ecc.12:13). It is a timeless message for all. We can find the purpose and meaning of life and the usefulness of our wisdom only in God.

APPLICATION: My Creator God knows everything. I cannot hide anything from him. I must give account to God concerning my life and actions. I cannot/should not say any excuses to God. It is my duty to seek God every day. I should not be a person who is merely listening to the word of God.  I must do what it says (James 1.22). The fear of the Lord is the beginning and conclusion of wisdom.  

PRAYER: Creator God, thank you for the good life you have given me to know that you are my God. I may not know many things in this world. But I do know that you love me. Knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent for us, is eternal life. Lord Jesus, help me to remain in your love today and forever. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 240

No comments: