Monday, August 2, 2021

How great is your goodness, oh God!

  READ: Esther 7-10; Psalms 31; Acts 22:22-30

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 31: 19 How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.

OBSERVATION: When a person’s life is full of problems, people usually desert such persons and offer no help to come out of their distressing situation. But, one’s wealth and position attract many friends. David faced many enemies, problems, and slanders throughout his life and was often isolated/abandoned by friends. His fears were genuine. Yet, David put his trust and hope in God; he surrendered his life in God’s hand. When David looked at God instead of giving space to his fears, he was able to see what the Lord has prepared and stored for him. They are indescribable! God never wrings his hands wondering how to deal with the troublesome situation as we do in such times. He is the all-knowing God; he has the solution for man’s every problem. He has already stored all the good things for his beloved children. So when we face a problem or hostility, we can focus on God, who has answers for all our problems. God reveals his goodness when we require it; He bestows his abundant good things upon us to make others understand his grace on us. However, we should know that God does not give all the goodness he stored for us all at once. He showers his blessings on our lives and saves us from our depressions and distress according to our needs. “As it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him—these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit” 1 Cor.2:9-10). We need not worry about anything else when we trust God.

APPLICATION: When I trust God and take refuge in him, I can be sure of his goodness that enables me to face and overcome my problems. A human may go away from me and consider me as an unwanted person. But God never does it. Instead, his grace saves me and makes me strong in the Lord. Whenever I face a problem or need, I can be sure of God’s providence to handle/overcome the situation. He has already stored up his goodness for me. I need not fear about my life and future.

PRAYER: How great you are, my God! There is no one like you. Lord Jesus, help me to look at you for help and wisdom. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see what God has stored for me and help me be strong in the Lord. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 213

No comments: