Sunday, August 15, 2021

Who will rescue me?

READ: Job 27,28; Psalms 45; Romans 7

SCRIPTURE: Romans 7: 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[
Or in the flesh] a slave to the law of sin.

OBSERVATION: Many Christians consider that Romans 7 reveals their inner struggles to live holy against their sinful nature. In Romans 7:21-25, Paul describes the dual aspect of our internal struggles and thoughts in four different ways: good vs. evil (v.21), God’s law vs. law of sin (v.22,23), a cry of self-pity vs. a joy of deliverance (v.24,25), and slavery to God’s law vs. slavery to the law of sin (v.25). Paul’s description of a believer’s inner struggles and wretchedness shows that a person cannot free himself/herself. It needs a saviour. Paul expresses his despair, depression, disappointment, and failures when he sees only himself. However, immediately after he began to see Jesus, Paul had something to thank God. He found the answer for his wretchedness. He finds that God is his deliverer.

We all want to live a life that pleases God. We have a passion for serving God faithfully. However, we cannot achieve it through our self-righteousness, the law, and our own efforts. Only through Jesus Christ can we be delivered from the sinful nature of our body. We can either always look at ourselves and fail to live a godly life or set out eyes on Jesus to experience the joy and deliverance from sin in our life. The choice is ours!

APPLICATION: I can live a victorious Christian life only through Jesus Christ. He is the answer to all my inner struggles; Jesus delivers me from the slavery of sin. “Salvation is found in no one else” (Acts.4:12). I can experience true freedom only through Jesus Christ.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for the deliverance and salvation you have given me through Jesus. Holy Spirit, help me to fix my eyes always on Jesus to experience the joy of spiritual freedom that delivers me from all forms of slavery. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 227

No comments: