Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The eyes of the LORD are on you

READ: Job 3, 4; Psalms 33; Acts 23:23-35

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 33: 18 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

OBSERVATION: History says a lot about the fall of great emperors, kingdoms, and leaders with vast armies, wealth, and people strength. They all would have thought that nobody could win or shake their power during the peak of their life and fame. Their trust in their prowess, army, and wealth did not help them in the disasters of their life. Many of them died without any help. As Ps.33:16-17 says, worldly strengths and power are “vain.” They cannot help us in times of trouble. “But the eyes of the Lord” are on god-fearing people to give them the strength for deliverance and providence for their needs. God’s unfailing love is the greatest hope in a time of need.

During widespread disasters and famine, people may look here and there to find hope or help when fighting for their lives and craving food. When we who believe in God find ourselves in such situations, we can put our hope in God’s unfailing love. As we read here, HIS eyes are on us. He knows our needs and struggles; He will never forsake us. For his love is unchanging and unfailing love. Our Lord Jesus overcame the death and is alive even today. The bible encourages us to put our hope in God during our difficult times. Because the Lord’s eyes are on us, he will answer our prayers and guide us to cross the dark valleys of our lives (Ps.34:15, 1 Pet.3:12). Remember: God never promised that we would have a life free from worries and wants. But, he has promised his help to deliver us from death and provide what we need during our testing times. So, we can put our hope in him. “We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield” (Ps.33:20).

APPLICATION: The Lord sees me and knows my needs. My human strength and worldly wealth cannot save me from troubles all the time. When I trust my earthly things, it turns my attention away from the LORD and causes more problems. On the other hand, when I fear God and put my trust in his unfailing love, I find answers to my prayers and a solution to my pressing needs. My eyes and hope should always be on Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord God, thank you for your loving eyes that see me. I praise you for you know my every need and the way to deal with it. God, help me to put my trust and faith in you today and always.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

Day - 215

No comments: