Thursday, March 4, 2021

A call to trust God’s timing

READ: Numbers 9, 10; Psalm 63; Mark 4:1-20

SCRIPTURE: Numbers 9:  16 That is how it continued to be; the cloud covered it, and at night it looked like fire. 17 Whenever the cloud lifted from above the tent, the Israelites set out; wherever the cloud settled, the Israelites encamped....
22 Whether the cloud stayed over the tabernacle for two days or a month or a year, the Israelites would remain in camp and not set out; but when it lifted, they would set out. 
23 At the Lord’s command they encamped, and at the Lord’s command they set out. They obeyed the Lord’s order, in accordance with his command through Moses.

OBSERVATION: When the cloud covered the tabernacle,   God gave Israelites a visible sign of his presence for the guidance to walk through the desert. Any time of a day, whether it was morning or night, they could see the cloud and find the light for their journey. However, they need to be  vigilant and must be always ready to follow the guidance of God. Until they reach the promised land,  whether it was only for some hours in a day, or a week, or a month, or a year or more (verse 20,21),  they were to be ready to go any time of a day. Imagine that you are living in a place for many years, or just moved to a place. Suddenly, a person comes and says that you have to move from this place.  What would be your reaction! The bible says that Israelites obeyed at the Lord's command all the times (Num.14), except one time, during their entire desert journey. They trusted God's timing more than anything. 

 APPLICATION: Whether I am able to see or not, surely God is always with me. He has promised us about  his continual presence and continual guidance. The bible says a lot about it.  Sometimes it might be difficult to move away after living/working in a place for a long period. However, when God says me to go, I must be ready to follow his lead than following my own heart's desire and others' opinion. If he asks me to wait, I can confidently wait for him till further guidance comes. I am happy even when God says either no or wait, for I know his plans are better than mine. After all, nothing permanent in this world. But God is real and eternal. God has  plans for me/for my future. Jesus has called me to follow him. The Spirit empowers me to walk in the way according to the word of God. In this life, my journey is with God/for God. I must obey him continually.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your loving presence in my life.  In this uncertain world, you are the unchanging God. Your words are certain to me. Help me to trust your guidance and timing. My God, give me your strength to obey your words to do what you want me to do .  Amen.  

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: