Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Blessing or curse - your choice!

READ: Deuteronomy 27, 28; Psalm 90; Luke 1:39-80

SCRIPTURE: Deuteronomy 27: 9 Then Moses and the Levitical priests said to all Israel, “Be silent, Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the Lord your God.
10 Obey the Lord your God and follow his commands and decrees that I give you today.”

OBSERVATION: In Deuteronomy 27, 28, we see a list of blessings and curses that would come upon the Israelites based on their obedience to the Lord and his commands. Some people think that these two chapters give more verses on curses than of God's blessings. When we read these chapters we understand that these blessings or curses will be the results of either obedience or disobedience respectively. When we look at the sentences that start with "If", we understand how it is connected with the command of God  that we read in Deut.27:10.  Although the Israelites became the people of God long time ago, here we read that "You have now become the people of the Lord....Obey the Lord.....today." This event must had been a renewal of the covenant and a reaffirmation of Israelites' commitment to the Lord. In the loud and noisy environment of the world, we may not be able to hear what the Lord expects from us. O my soul, be silent and listen what the Lord speaks to you today. 

APPLICATION: Obedience to the Lord and following his commands always bring forth all the blessings of the earth and of the heaven. What I do decides what I would get in my life! If I obey God, I would  see all the blessings in my life. However, the greatest blessing is that I belong to God. I am one among the people of the Lord my God. Every day I need to remind this to myself and to look God to know what are the areas he expects me to obey him today. As a child of God, I choose to obey him and to follow his commands every day of my life.  This is my choice! 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for remembering me and renewing your loving relationship everyday. You are concerned about my day to day life. Help me to obey and to follow your commands today. Amen.


- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: