Monday, March 29, 2021

A divine mandate

READ: Deuteronomy 23, 24; Psalm 88; Mark 16:9-20

SCRIPTURE: Mark 16: 15 He (Jesus) said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation....
20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

OBSERVATION: For a modern man, commissioning a group of eleven weak and uneducated men for a task that covers the whole world would appear as an absurdity.  He might think that it would become a mission impossible. But Jesus always makes the impossible possible. Whether it was feeding a large crowd, or a miracle that had never happened before, he did the same. Jesus knows how to use the little sources to meet the needs of many. Jesus shows no partiality in reaching out people.  He asked his disciples to go to "all the world", "to all creation." Every man needs to hear the Gospel. But how is it possible? After Jesus' ascension to heaven, his disciples did exactly what Jesus commanded them. When they preached the Gospel, the Lord "worked with them" and affirmed his word by the signs and wonders. When they obeyed the words of Jesus, they saw the results. Preaching the Gospel is our responsibility; when we preach the Gospel, it is a great privilege that Christ works with us.

APPLICATION: My weaknesses and qualifications cannot be a hinderance for God to use me. Whether I accept his divine mandate or not is the matter. As Paul says to Timothy, I must be ready to preach the Gospel all the times (2 Tim.4:2). When I go and preach God’s word to the people who are in need, I can see the accompanying works of the Lord Jesus. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for calling me to preach the Gospel. Use me to share the good news of Jesus with my family, friends, relatives, and all who need the Gospel. Give me the strength and wisdom of the Holy Spirit to do this. Amen!

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: