Monday, March 8, 2021

A lack of faith that amazed Jesus

READ: Numbers 17, 18; Psalm 67; Mark 6:1-29

SCRIPTURE: Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

OBSERVATION: In the entire Gospel, we read of Jesus' amazement only in two instances. Interestingly,  both are related to faith in Jesus Christ. Here we see that Jesus "was amazed at their lack of faith." As we read this passage, we understand that Jesus did not get due respect and honor in his hometown or among his family people. People were amazed at Jesus' words, works, and wisdom. However, their prejudice about Jesus hindered them to believe in him. This hindrance resulted in Jesus was not able to do much miracles among his people. He must have been surprised about their disbelief. Because, if a sick person gets healing, it is the sick who would get more benefits than anyone. Would a person who is in a desperate need of a miracle would ever refuse to accept a miracle worker? Here they did.  So he was amazed. 

APPLICATION: I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. However, if my life and actions do not reflect my belief, it would mean that I am not honoring him as I believe. My disbelief could hinder Jesus' miracles. On the other hand, my faith in him always would enable me to see his miraculous powers of doing whatever impossible. Jesus sees my faith. He values it. I must honor him in every possible way. 

PRAYER: Jesus, I feel sorry for the times I failed to believe in you. Forgive me for all my disbeliefs in trusting your power and wisdom. Thank you for the faith you have implanted in my heart. My savior,  Help me to grow in knowing you and in my faith about you. Amen.   

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: