Friday, March 5, 2021

Moses - Faithful Everywhere

 READ: Numbers 11, 12; Psalm 64; Mark 4:21-41

SCRIPTURE: Numbers 12: 6 he (The Lord) said, “Listen to my words: “When there is a prophet among you,  I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams. 7 But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. 8 With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”

OBSERVATION: We read two interesting events in the life of Moses and his two characteristics in today's reading passage from the book of Numbers. Firstly, when Joshua asked Moses to stop the two elders who continually prophesied in the tent, Moses expressed his heart desire  that he wanted all of God's people to receive God's spirit on them and to be prophets. Secondly, When Moses's siblings Aaron and Miriam spoke against Moses and his position as the prophet of God, surprisingly, as the biblical text describes,  Moses was "more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth" (Num.12:3). On both of these occasions, Moses could have told something against the two people we see in the story or at least he could have stopped them. However,  instead of being jealous and getting angry at them, he revealed his godly desire and characteristics. He trusted the Lord who called him to that great mission, and was faithful to him. So, the Lord himself spoke for Moses. God immediately intervened for Moses and rebuked both Aaron and Miriam. Moreover, God himself certified who Moses was.  

 APPLICATION: God always honors his faithful servants. When others grow in their anointing of the Spirit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, I do not need to worry about my position. Instead of being jealous of others spiritual gifts, I need to appreciate them and be open to see all of God's people to receive the spirit of God. I need to see things from God's perspective. The one who has called me is faithful. God's gifts and his call are irrevocable (Rom.11:29). My priority should be being faithful to God, in everything and everywhere. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for reminding an important lesson to live as your faithful servant. You never fail your faithful servants. My God, anoint  me with your spirit to show godly behaviors in testing times. Amen.   

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: