Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A Triple Blessing

READ: Numbers 5, 6; Psalm 61; Mark 3:1-19

SCRIPTURE: Numbers 6: 22 The Lord said to Moses, 23 “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
27 “So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”

OBSERVATION: This above passage is a familiar one for us and we hear this triple blessing very often in our worships and our fellowships. This priestly blessing indicates a wide range of meanings and interpretations concerning God's blessing to all the Israelites. The repetition of  the word "the Lord" emphasizes that God is the source of all our blessings. The first line of the priestly blessing indicates God's blessing and protection to his people. The second line expresses the hope of a believer that God will see and be gracious to his/her prayers and supplications that are made in divine presence. The third line expresses the affirmation that  God will pay attention and will give his peace. Shalom! This priestly blessing is a continual one, and whenever these blessing uttered on God's people, it implies  and reminds that God's people are covered with God's protection and blessing. This blessed words are proclaimed over God's people on important occasions and in their gatherings. Some parents say this as a prayer for the blessing of their children. It is important to note that when God blesses us, he always gives us his peace. 

 APPLICATION: God has called me for his blessing. His name is my refuge as well as my protection. Whenever I go through tough times of my life, I need to remind this threefold blessing and should wait for God's peace. When I come in his presence, the Lord makes his face shine upon me and gracious to me. More than anything, he sees me, my situation, my problems, and my worries. He gives his peace as an answer to my prayer. His blessing are continual in nature. God wants me to be a blessed human who lives in his presence every day. 

PRAYER:  Father God, thank you for your triple blessing. Thank you for being the source of all the goodness of life. As I come in your presence, I read and hear your words of  blessing.  Thank you for your peace that fills my heart. Help me to experience you and your blessing everyday. Amen.  

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: