Monday, March 22, 2021

"Watch!”

READ: Deuteronomy 11, 12; Psalm 82; Mark 13:24-37

SCRIPTURE: Mark 13:35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.
36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.
37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

OBSERVATION: When Jesus was warning about the end times of the world and its corresponding events, he told his disciples to be prepared for his Second Coming. He did not tell them about the timing of his return. Therefore, his disciples have to be ready all the times to join with Jesus, whenever he comes back. For he said, "I say to everyone," his words are applicable to all of us even today. When he suddenly comes back without any notice, he expects us to be awake for him. Here, the word "sleeping" says of the unpreparedness of God's people for Jesus' second coming. They are very busy in other things and have no desire or no time to get ready for Jesus' return. Sadly, in our Churches, we hear more about other stuffs than about Jesus' return and our preparation for it. When we want to be ready for Jesus' second coming, the way we live and think would be totally different and god-centered. Isn't it!  Every Christian needs to be on alert and should be awake for Jesus'  return.

APPLICATION: I may not know the time of Jesus' return. But I know that he promised to come back again. He said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away) (v.31). Jesus would surely come back in an unexpected time. If I am always ready for his return, I need not to worry about the timing. All I need to do, "Be on guard! Be alert and pray!

PRAYER: Jesus, thank you for your prophetic words about the end of the world and your return. Help me to be awake in expectation that you could return any time, and  to live accordingly. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: