Sunday, March 14, 2021

A place to find the answer

READ: Numbers 29, 30; Psalm 73; Mark 9:1-29

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 73: 15 If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply 
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.

OBSERVATION:  Psalm 73 easily catches our attention since it answers one of the important questions of our mind. Here the psalmist openly confesses that his feet had almost slipped. As long as he was looking at the prosperity of the wicked, he thought that the wicked were successful in everything, that they were free from any worries. The psalmist words about the seemingly prosperous status of the wicked could be an exaggeration of an envious heart. However, that did not help the psalmist in any way. Rather, he thought that the wicked were self-reliance but he was afflicted every day. In verse 15, we see a warning that we should not speak all that we think. As soon as he entered the sanctuary of God, he found answers for his depressing thoughts. The sanctuary of God is the place where God's  words and works are remembered to praise God and for prayers. It is the place where God dwells among his people. Apostle Paul says, "Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?" (1 Cor.3:16). In God's presence and light, the psalmist understood the final destiny of the wicked people. It was the wicked who were on the slippery ground, not the psalmist. Importantly, he understood that nothing more desirable  than God, both in heaven and on the earth.

APPLICATION: In the world, when people amass great wealth and are successful in everything, they get the attention and the praise of people. Many people do not look at how and in what ways they gain wealth and victories. I should not do that. When my attention is drawn towards the wicked people, immediately I need to come to the sanctuary of God. My attention should be on God, not on any human being. For I desire God more than anything. Wherever I am in, I can go to God and can experience his divine presence. In God's presence, as I read and meditate his words and works, I can understand my blessings. "As for me, it is good to be near God."

PRAYER: Father God, looking at others may cause a stumbling to my walk. But, when I look at you I find peace, joy, and understand the answers to life's difficult questions. Father, You are always with me, and guide me safely . You are my strength and my portion. Apart from you oh God, nothing else I desire. Amen.   

- Arputharaj Samuel
 +91 9538328573

No comments: