Monday, April 12, 2021

A prayer of an afflicted person

READ: Joshua 17,18; Psalm 102; Luke 7:36-50

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 102: 17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.

OBSERVATION:  Psalm 102 is "a prayer of an afflicted person who has grown weak and pours out a lament before the Lord." The intense pain and depression of the psalmist's distressing situation is described in v.3-11. As the psalmist was thinking that he was at the brink of death, he remembered God and expressed his hope in him. The eternal God never rejects a prayer of a person who is in a great need. God listens, responds, and answers the prayer of an afflicted person. When the psalmist saw God during the time of his sorrowful state, he understood that God endures for ever. Though the heaven and earth may change, God never changes but remains the same. Like the psalmist, when we go through affliction, we need to remember our everlasting and eternal God who never changes. He will answer our prayers. He will change our misery. When we look at the unchanging God, we will understand that our present (distressing) situation is not permanent. For the Lord God will not despise our plea.

APPLICATION: When I face uncertainty, depression, loneliness, grief, fears, and taunts, I need to look up on God instead of seeing my situations. God is my hope in such difficult times. Though no one helps me, God will take care of me. He answers my prayer. In the changing world, God never changes. I put my trust in God. I will seek his face, when I face any distress.

PRAYER: Everlasting God, thank you for helping me to understand who you are. In the world that is filled with uncertainties, Lord, you are my hope. Help me to remain in you. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: