Saturday, April 3, 2021

Blessed are you!

READ: Deuteronomy 33, 34; Psalm 93; Luke 3: 1-20

SCRIPTURE: Deuteronomy 33: 29 Blessed are you, Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword. Your enemies will cower before you, and you will tread on their heights.”

OBSERVATION: This is the concluding verse of the final blessing of Moses the man of God, to the Israelites. When Moses saw the Israelites' deliverance from Egypt, how the Lord protected the Israelites and provided their needs during the forty years of wilderness journey, he said in astonishment, "Blessed are you, Israel! Who is like you." They are unique, because there is no one like their God (v.26). He is the eternal God! As we see here, God's protection, providence and victory are not just the things of past. He will continue to provide his help till his people win their enemies. As long as his people live under God's rule, they will live in safety. The people of God are indeed blessed!

APPLICATION: When others say about the blessedness of my life, I should remember that it is God who provides all that I need and protects me. My God is worthy of praise and worship. The God of heaven has given me the privilege of being one among his people. When the Lord himself is my shield and helper, how much I should cooperate him to do his will for my life! Living with God is something that is really unique and an unparalleled blessing.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your amazing grace that saves me. You cares for my every need. Thank you for your provision. I praise you for your protection thus far. My savior, help me today to enjoy the blessedness of living under your care and safety, with joy and contentment. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: