Friday, April 9, 2021

A call to praise God

READ: Joshua 13, 14; Psalm 100; Luke 6:20-49

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 100: 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

OBSERVATION: Psalm 100 invites all people to come and praise God. Some may think that why should we praise God. This short psalm precisely mentions some of the important reasons to praise God. First of all, the Lord is the God. There is no one like him. We need to know him as the God. Not only that, he is the creator who made us. "we are his people, the sheep of his pasture" (v.3). Is this not enough to praise God! The Psalm lists few more reasons to praise the Lord. He is the good God. His love is the enduring love forever. Look at his faithfulness! it does not end with us. His faithfulness continues through all generations. The bible testifies of God's continual faithfulness. What more reason do we need to praise the Lord! Shall we enter (this day) his gates with thanksgiving and with praise? 

APPLICATION: I find no difficulty in praising God when everything go smoothly. However, when I go through failures, frustrations, disappointments, and when I do not get what I want, sometimes, I feel as if there is no reason to praise God. It happens only when I look at my situation. In such times, I need to look upon my creator God and to know that he cares for me. I belong to him. He is the good God whose love endures forever. God is good, all the times! I may not know the reason for my present situation. But, it should not be a hindrance to praise God. If my present situation does not motivate me to praise God, I can think of God's faithfulness in the last hundred days of my life. How many amazing things he has done to me in this period! What can stop me from praising God!

PRAYER: Good God, thank you for your enduring love for me. Thank you for the promise of your never ending faithfulness. Lord God, I praise you with all my heart. No words can express my heart that praises you! Help me today to enter your presence with thanksgiving and with a  heart of praise. Hallelujah, Praise ye the Lord.  Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: