Friday, April 23, 2021

He did not know, but you know!

READ: Judges 15,16; Psalm 113; Luke 13: 1-17

SCRIPTURE: Judges 16: 20 And she (Delilah) said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” And he awoke from his sleep and said, “I will go out as at other times and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the Lord had left him.
21 And the Philistines seized him and gouged out his eyes and brought him down to Gaza and bound him with bronze shackles. And he ground at the mill in the prison.

OBSERVATION: The story of Samson's fall is a warning for us to check where we are and what we do. In Samson's life, we can see one of the major themes of the book of Judges i.e. a gradual decline of obedience to God and his commandments. As we all know, the beginning of Samson's story was wonderful. However, when he forgot his call and stayed in the wrong places to satisfy his sinful desires, he became a victim of his own actions. When he continued to stay and sleep to gratify his desires, his enemies were "lying in ambush" to capture him. When the Philistines came to seize him, Samson told that he would win as he did before. "But he did not know that the Lord had left him." He might had tried to do all that he did before to escape from the enemies. When he realized that the Lord was not with him, he might had felt very bad about himself. It was too late to escape. A mighty man who killed a lion with his bare hands was assigned to ground at the mill. However, it was not the end. When Samson prayed to the Lord, he regained his strength. But he was no more to live in it.

APPLICATION: I may have some unique talents or special anointing of the Lord to do what others could not do. However, if I continually ignore the warnings and stay in the wrong places by thinking that I would get victory over sin easily whenever I want, the Lord would not be with me. When I read Samson's story, I know why it had happened to him. He was not with the Lord. In the bible, we read about another man who also did not know what happened to him. It was Moses. When Moses came down from the Mount Sinai after spending time with the Lord, he did not know the radiance of his face. But others saw it (Exo.34:29,30). I want to spend time with the Lord, not to sin any more. Instead of sleeping at the lap of sin, I have promises of God to keep as my pillow. Now, I know what should I do!

PRAYER: God, thank you that know everything. You know the way that I should go. Thank you for guiding words that says, "“This is the way, walk in it."  Lord, help me to listen your words. Heavenly father, give me your strength to walk in your way. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: