Friday, April 16, 2021

How many times, oh Lord!

READ: Judges 1,2; Psalm 106; Luke 9:37-62

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 106: 43 Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin.
44 Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; 
45 for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented.

OBSERVATION: In the history of Israelites, one thing that catches our attention is their repeated disobedience against God, even after they saw all the wonderous works of the Lord. However, when in their distress they cried out to the Lord God, he saved them by remembering his covenantal promise. When we read about their rebellious acts that they started right from the beginning of their Exodus journey, we may wonder how come these people could ever forget all of God's wonderful deeds that were done to the Pharaoh and the people of Egypt! When they rebelled against God, as we read here, "they wasted away in their sin." Disobedience to God is a sin. God saves us when we call him for his help. But when we allow a sin to creep into our life, it makes a havoc on us. However, when we realize our mistakes and ask God for his help to deliver us from the unpleasant things that we invited to come upon us by disobeying God, he remembers his covenant and hears our prayers. His great love protects from the dangers. Because the Lord is good, his love endures forever. How many times did Israelites sin against God? How many times did God save them! Many times, indeed!

APPLICATION: When I read about the repeated disobedience of Israelites, I could easily judge them as unfaithful and ungrateful to God. However, when I think of my shortcomings in serving God and of my disobedience to his word, I may find myself worse than the Israelites in obeying God's word. When I am trapped in sin by my disobedience, I need to repent and to call upon God for his salvation. The sooner I come to God, the sooner I can experience his deliverance in my life. He is great in love. "His love has no limits, His grace has no measure." His love is the covenantal love. I should remember the covenant of God and keep myself away from anything that could lead me to disobey him. How many times did he rescue me! How many times shall I praise God! Many times.

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for your great love for me. Help me to realize my sins, if any. Instead of hiding myself in the darkness, help me to come to you with repentance. Thank you for answering my prayers. Lord, I praise you for all the mighty works you have done so many times in my life. "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting." Amen..

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: