Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Lord is my refuge

READ: Deuteronomy 29, 30; Psalm 91; Luke 2:1-24

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 91: 9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.

OBSERVATION:  Psalm 91 is one of the most used psalms by a believer who trusts and seeks God's protection.  God's place is a safe haven. However, a person starts to experience God's protection  when s/he proclaims openly his/her trust in God . Those who make God as their refuge live a protected life from the attacks of enemies and diseases. Whether it is a day or a night,  a person protected by God will not be affected by enemies and diseases, like a wicked person.  When we say God is our safe haven, we experience both spiritual and physical protection. How much protected we are! Seeking God's protection, the protection that God gives us,  they both are acts of LOVE.

APPLICATION: When I say I trust God, it is not an expression of my weaknesses or incompetence . Rather, I express my love and trust on God. When the most high God is ready to offer his shelter to me, I can find no better place to live than it. For he gives me the best protection that goes beyond any human comprehension. Some times, I may not be able to explain how he protects me. But I can experience his protection everyday, with the peace he gives. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for being my refuge and my fortress. Nothing can harm me when I am under your protection. Even if I have to go through any tough times, you will help me to come out victoriously. Because you love me. Help me to love and trust you better everyday. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: