Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The secret of wisdom

READ: Judges 11,12; Psalm 111; Luke 12:1-34

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 111: 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. 

OBSERVATION: The bible says about two kinds of fear: fear of God, fear of men. The fear of the Lord marks the beginning of wisdom. But. the fear of men will be a snare (Pro.29:25). Since wisdom helps a person to appropriately use his/her knowledge to the needs of life, people desire to have wisdom. To acquire wisdom, they are ready to take any risks. There are thousands of books already published related to wisdom. However, all who want to get wisdom through their education, experience do not get it.  

Here, the psalmist says about one of the easiest way that has the  100% success rate to get wisdom. i.e. the fear of the Lord. "The fear of the Lord" does not mean that we should be afraid of God at all the times. Rather, as we read in Psalm 19:7-9, the fear of the Lord also refers "the law...the statutes...the precepts....the commands....(and) the decrees of the Lord." When we have the fear of the Lord, we will have good understanding. People may say different things, mostly negative things, about the fear of God. The fear of the Lord not only gives us wisdom, it helps us to get everything that we need in this life. The amazing fact about this wisdom is anyone could get this wisdom from the Lord, irrespective of age. 

APPLICATION: Jesus plainly said, "I will warn you whom to fear" (Lk.12:5). I do not need to fear any men, except God. Fearing men always leads to chaos and confusions. Because, it does not merely end with fears. Fearing men could invite/cause so many troubles and complications in my life. On the other hand, when I have the fear of God, I get wisdom. And it gives me understanding to handle any situation. My fear of the Lord does not indicate my weaknesses or worries of life. Rather, it shows my choice to get the required wisdom for my life. So, I have the fear of the Lord in my heart. It leads me to experience every blessing that the Lord has for me. 

PRAYER: Father God, thank you for making it easier to get the godly wisdom in my life.  You give me wisdom. You are the wisdom. Lord, thank you for the good understanding that you give those who fear you. Help me to live faithfully in the light of the wisdom you give to me. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: