Saturday, April 17, 2021

ASK & GO

READ: Judges 3,4; Psalm 107; Luke 10:1-24

SCRIPTURE:  Luke 10:1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.

OBSERVATION: Jesus' sending of seventy two with a clear instruction is exclusively recorded in the Gospel of Luke. In the previous chapter, we read that Jesus sent his twelve disciples with the similar instruction (Lk.9:1,2). When Jesus sent his disciples two by two, he restricted them to go only to the lost sheep of Israel (Mt.10:5, 6).   Here, these seventy two people had no such restrictions. They can go wherever Jesus wanted them to go. The main thing here is the emphasis on the need of more workers to go to the harvest field. So, Jesus told them to pray that the Lord of harvest may send more workers for his harvest. Finally, Jesus sent them to be the workers for the harvest.  Even today, we see the same need in the Christian mission fields. Because, this harvest is not a seasonal one. We can see it throughout a year and throughout the world. However, "the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few." We need to realize the need of the Kingdom of God, and should pray for it. If the Lord wants  to send us to the harvest field, we should be prepared to GO without saying any excuses. This harvest field could be the area we presently live in, or a near by place, or it may be a place a far. Whatever it may be, we need to ask the Lord to send more workers, and we should be ready to do our part in it.

APPLICATION: I need to realize that there is a need for more workers to collect the harvest. Jesus wants me to pray to the Lord of the harvest to send more workers. Praying for Christian  missions, praying for the souls to be saved and to be gathered in the Church are important things to me. When I pray for the harvest, I should be ready to do what the Lord asks me, instead of finding easy alternatives. When I obey, I will see great things in and through my life. 

 PRAYER: Father, thank you for turning my attention to pray for the harvest. Lord, I realize that we need more workers for the harvest of souls. I pray for more Christian workers to go and share the Gospel to the unreached people groups. Lord, help me to understand what is my role in it. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.


- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573

No comments: